Julie Hornibrook was the 2015 recipient of the Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame Fellowship.
Julie Hornibrook was awarded the fellowship for her project, Sir Manuel Hornibrook: Father of the Australian Building Industry, at the 2015 Queensland Memory Awards ceremony.
The project will explore Sir Manuel’s legacy, and how the building of three key bridges — the Hornibrook Highway, the William Jolly Bridge, and the Story Bridge — heralded economic and social change in Brisbane. As the granddaughter of Sir Manuel, Julie will combine State Library’s original materials with a personal family collection of photographs, mementos and letters. She has already discovered a wealth of information in the collection.
The project outcomes include an online series on “Building bridges connects Brisbane”, a public lecture, and an annotated bibliography.
View the online series:
- Building bridges connects Brisbane – The Story Bridge
- Building bridges connects Brisbane – The Hornibrook Highway
- Building bridges connects Brisbane – The William Jolly Bridge
- Brisbane mementos of Sir Manuel Hornibrook
- 80th anniversary of Opening of the Hornibrook Highway
View the online showcase, Building bridges connects Brisbane